PROTECT YOUR WARRANTY. FOLLOW THESE IMPORTANT INSTALLATION AND HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURES.
- Do not use a power screwdriver or drill. USE HAND TOOLS ONLY!
- NEVER use excessive force when tightening the installation/height adjustment screws. STOP WHEN SCREWS ARE SLIGHTLY SNUG!
- NEVER torque or adjust the screws all the way on one side of the pickup then resume torquing down on the opposite side. This practice can wedge one side of the mounting tab against a tight pickup cavity wall and separate the baseplate from the pickup while tightening on the other side. COIL DAMAGE!
- ALWAYS install the pickup or adjust it’s height in ¼ turn incremental stages. Alternate adjustment between sides until proper height adjustment is attained or when reaching the point of slight snugness. Refer to step 2.
- If you feel you need additional upward height adjustment but the screw is snug, remove the rubber tubing from the installation/height adjustment screw. Trim off a small slice of the tubing. Shortening the tubing will allow for more upward height adjustment prior to reaching the point of snugness.
Warning: Baseplate separation may void your warranty. It can be easily prevented by following these safe installation practices.